The art, décor and colours employed aboard this ship are all inspired by the northern lights. The delicate aesthetic creates a distinct and unique on-board ambience. Passengers are invited to relax after a long day experiencing Hurtigruten´s various excursions and activities in comfy reclining chairs in the one of the ship’s lounges.
Photo: Gunnar E. Nilsen – Guest image / Hurtigruten , Françoise Bellot – Guest image, Katherine Iversen – Guest image / Hurtigruten and Martin Kipping – Guest image
Refurbishment in 2019
In May 2019 MS Nordlys was refurbished. All cabins got a makeover, while new cabin grades were added. The upgrade saw a number of new features being added to the ship:
- All staterooms and suites are fully upgraded to match Hurtigruten’s new standards. On deck 6, a number of cabins were merged into larger suites, some with large bay windows and spectacular views.
- In addition to a full makeover, the aft-facing Torget main restaurant has large deck-to-ceiling windows.
- The brand-new Activity Center will act as the on-board headquarter for Hurtigruten’s Expedition Team.
- Kysten Fine Dining - serving innovative dishes based on high quality, local produce such as ultra-fresh seafood - is slightly different from other Hurtigruten ships, and also be open for a la carte lunch.
- The gym on deck 7 is bigger, the sauna upgraded and two aft-facing outdoor hot tubs are added.
- Two new lecture halls have been added on deck 4, together with the open Kompass information and shopping area, where guests can enjoy exclusive offers on outdoor clothing and other items.
- On deck 7, the informal and hugely popular Hurtigruten venue Multe Bakery is now open- serving freshly baked cakes and pastries, smørbrød (open sandwiches with generous amounts of topping), smoothies, a large assortment of local ice cream with homemade toppings, premium coffee, organic herbal tea, and premium juice.
- The forward-facing Explorer Lounge and Panorama Bar offers a unique atmosphere and the best views on the ship – with front-row seats for enjoying the Northern Lights, Midnight Sun, wildlife and nature as it passes by.
Expedition team on board
MS Nordlys has her own on-board Expedition Team that serves as a university at sea. Interesting lectures, presentations and activities inside as well as out on the sun deck of the ship make this an exciting and educational journey. Topics depend on the season and the waters we sail in. The Expedition Team will host a lecture and presentation programme and evening gatherings daily. Out on deck you may participate in live points of interest to learn more about the nature, culture and other phenomena we encounter along the coast. In addition, the Expedition Team will introduce you to the uniquely Norwegian notion of `friluftsliv´, and encourage you take part in `friluftsliv´ hikes and activities during the journey.
The dedicated Expedition Team has one mission: to enhance your experience by engaging you and interpreting the nature, wildlife, and culture you encounter during the voyage. Read more about our Expedition Teams here.
- Expedition Team
- Outdoor explorer deck
- Large panorama and observation lounges with great views
- Separate à la carte option restaurant
- Fitness room and sauna
- Conference room
- Car deck
Parking spaces on board
Please note the following dimensions for vehicles:
- Max Length: 650 cm/ 21.3 ft
- Max Width: 240 cm/ 7.9 ft
- Max Height: 220 cm/ 7.2 ft
- Max Weight: 5000 kg/ 11,023 lbs
Campervans, minivans and trailers cannot be accepted.
Tel: +47 99 48 72 74
Email: [email protected]