MS Finnmarken is designed for exciting, sustainable voyages along the Norwegian coastline.
Major makeover in 2020
In early 2020, MS Finnmarken went through the biggest single upgrade in Hurtigruten’s history. All the public areas, cabins and suites were upgraded, and suites added on the top deck. She has three different restaurants – Aune, Fredheim and Lindstrøm - each with its own unique dining concept.
Photo: Espen Mills
Guests can relax in the outdoor pool, two hot tubs, or a panoramic sauna, or enjoy views from the breathtaking forward observation deck. The refurbished MS Finnmarken features a brand new gym and wellness area, and a new Activity Center on deck 4 where guests can enjoy activities and lectures with the Expedition Team. The entire ship is furnished in a modern and elegant style. Natural Scandinavian materials like granite, oak, birch and wool have been used in the ship´s renovation to create a relaxed and stylish atmosphere that adds to the premium onboard experience.
Here are some of the exciting new features for MS Finnmarken:
- Five new suites will be added to the top of the ship, boasting the best views
- Modern Activity Center where guests can enjoy activities and lectures with the Expedition Team
- Three restaurants – Aune, Fredheim and Lindstrøm – each with its own unique dining concept but all stunningly decorated
- A Wellness Center with two treatment rooms for onboard pampering sessions
- Improved swimming pool and two Jacuzzis to soak and relax in
- Three gym areas, two of them outdoor, and one outward-facing sauna
- The forward observation deck is the place to go to see the upcoming scenery
- The renovated Explorer lounge & bar is sleek and stylish, and offer fantastic views to the beautiful natural landscapes outside
- Public areas and existing suites and cabins will be fully refurbished using natural Scandinavian materials such as granite, oak, and birch, creating elegant and comfortable interior design
Photo: Espen Mills
The ship’s engines are set to be substantially upgraded with low-emission filters, shore-power connectivity, and battery pack capacity for future installation.
More sustainable voyages - powered with biofuel
Sustainability is the core of every detail of your Hurtigruten adventure. Hurtigruten is constantly pushing boundaries, and aim to become completely emission free. As the first cruise line in the world, Hurtigruten is permanently introducing biodiesel as fuel on a number of ships – including MS Finnmarken.
Biodiesel reduces (CO2) emissions with up to 80 % (compared to regular marine diesel). Hurtigruten’s environmentally certified biodiesel is produced from waste from industries such as fisheries and agriculture – which means no palm oil is used in the biofuel production and no negative effects on rainforests. Hurtigruten will use biodiesel in combination with other low-emission fuel.
As the rest of the Hurtigruten fleet, single-use plastic is banned on MS Finnmarken. MS Finnmarken is also equipped for shore power, completely eliminating emissions when docked in ports with shore power facilities.
Expedition Team on board
MS Finnmarken has her own on-board Expedition Team, and the ship will serve as a university at sea. Interesting lectures inside as well as out on the sun deck of the ship make this an exciting and educational journey. Topics depend on the season and the waters we sail in.
The Expedition Team will host a lecture programme and evening gatherings daily. Out on deck you may participate in live points of interest to learn more about the nature, culture and other phenomena we encounter along the coast. In addition, the Expedition Team will introduce you to the uniquely Norwegian notion of 'friluftsliv´, and encourage you take part in 'friluftsliv´ hikes and activities during the journey.
The dedicated Expedition Team has one mission: to enhance your experience by engaging you and interpreting the nature, wildlife, and culture you encounter during the voyage. Read more about our Expedition Teams here.
- Expedition Team
- Swimming pool and hot tub on deck
- Activity center
- Explorer Lounge & Bar
- Sauna with a view
- Wellness area
- Outdoor gym
- Conference room
- 3 restaurants
Tel: +47 48 03 40 00
Email: [email protected]