MS Finnmarken is beautifully appointed and decorated in the Art Deco style that was fashionable when the first ship with this name was built. Rich colours, bold geometric shapes and lavish ornamentation characteristic of the Art Deco style are found throughout the vessel. MS Finnmarken is also the only Hurtigruten ship with both a swimming pool and hot tub on deck. A defining feature of the vessel is her bow, and from deck 5 you can venture to the very tip of the ship.
Major makeover in 2020
In early 2020, MS Finnmarken will go through the biggest single upgrade in Hurtigruten’s history. All the public areas, cabins and suites will be upgraded, and suites will be added on the top deck (current gym and sauna area). She will host three different restaurants – Aune, Fredheim and Lindstrøm - each with its own unique dining concept.
Guests can relax in the outdoor pool, two hot tubs, or a panoramic sauna, or enjoy views from the breathtaking forward observation deck. The refurbished MS Finnmarken will feature a brand new gym and wellness area, and a new Activity Center on deck 4 where guests can enjoy activities and lectures with the Expedition Team. The entire ship will be furnished in a modern and elegant style.
Five large suites with large panoramic windows and spectacular views will be added on deck 8.
All cabins and suites will be fully refurbished. Using natural Scandinavian materials such as granite, oak, birch and wool.
Hurtigruten’s signature Science Center will be added on deck 4. Packed with state-of-the-art technology and high-tech gadgets such as touch screens, science equipment and other interactive features, the edutainment area will also be the on-board HQ for the ship’s Expedition Team.
Already from 2020, guests travelling on Hurtigruten’s Original Coastal Voyage along the Norwegian coastline will get a unique opportunity to experience a brand new MS Finnmarken.
All cabins and suites will be fully refurbished. Using natural Scandinavian materials such as granite, oak, birch and wool, this will create a relaxed and stylish look and feel, and add to the premium on-board experience.
Restaurant Aune, Hurtigruten’s new expedition cruise main restaurant concept. Aune will be social and informal with the use of natural elements in design and interiors, and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner based on a Scandinavian identity.
The new larger wellness area will be added on deck 7, and includes a lounge, treatment rooms, gym and panoramic sauna.
Here are some of the exciting new features we are planning for MS Finnmarken:
- Five new suites will be added to the top of the ship, boasting the best views
- Modern Activity Center where guests can enjoy activities and lectures with the Expedition Team
- Three restaurants – Aune, Fredheim and Lindstrøm – each with its own unique dining concept but all stunningly decorated
- A grill on the top deck will be the venue for many delicious outdoor BBQs
- A Wellness Center with two treatment rooms for onboard pampering sessions
- Improved swimming pool and two Jacuzzis to soak and relax in
- Three gym areas, two of them outdoor, and one outward-facing sauna
- The forward observation deck is the place to go to see the upcoming scenery
- The renovated Explorer lounge & bar will be sleek and stylish, and offer fantastic views to the beautiful natural landscapes outside
- Public areas and existing suites and cabins will be fully refurbished using natural Scandinavian materials such as granite, oak, and birch, creating elegant and comfortable interior design
The ship’s engines are set to be substantially upgraded with low-emission filters, shore-power connectivity, and battery pack capacity for future installation
Young Explorer Programme
Children aged 7-13 are invited to take part in the complimentary year-round Young Explorers Programme on MS Finnmarken. A dedicated on-board host plans and organizes all activities, focusing on fun and eco-friendly learning that is tailor-made to awaken a sense of adventure. The kids get a deeper understanding of nature, climate and culture, and are introduced to topics related to wildlife, local food, environmental protection and famous explorers. There will be daily on-board activities for the Young Explorers, relating to the different topics. Read more about it here.
Expedition Team on board
MS Finnmarken has her own on-board Expedition Team, and the ship will serve as a university at sea. Interesting lectures inside as well as out on the sun deck of the ship make this an exciting and educational journey. Topics depend on the season and the waters we sail in.
The Expedition Team will host a lecture programme and evening gatherings daily. Out on deck you may participate in live points of interest to learn more about the nature, culture and other phenomena we encounter along the coast. In addition, the Expedition Team will introduce you to the uniquely Norwegian notion of 'friluftsliv´, and encourage you take part in 'friluftsliv´ hikes and activities during the journey.
The dedicated Expedition Team has one mission: to enhance your experience by engaging you and interpreting the nature, wildlife, and culture you encounter during the voyage. Read more about our Expedition Teams here.
- Expedition Team
- Young Explorer Programme
- Swimming pool and hot tub on deck
- Top deck features a panorama lounge
- Fitness room
- Sauna with a view
- Babettes Café with sitting space both inside and outside
- Conference room
- Á la carte restaurant
- Car deck
- Young Explorers: On MS Finnmarken we have a special programme for kids aged 7-13. Read more about Young Explorers here.
Parking spaces on board
Please note the following dimensions for vehicles:
- Max Length: 650 cm/ 21 ft
- Max Width: 240 cm/ 8 ft
- Max Height: 250 cm/ 8 ft
- Max Weight: 5000 kg/ 11,023 lbs
Campervans, minivans and trailers cannot be accepted.
Tel: +47 48 03 40 00
Email: [email protected]