What to pack for Expedition Cruises
There are several things to remember to bring along with you when you are coming on an expedition with us.
To make packing a bit easier, we have drawn up a packing list, covering both polar waters and expeditions in warmer waters such as the Caribbean, South America and in Europe.
If you should forget something, don’t worry! On board all our ships you will find a shop with a wide range of clothes and practical items.
- On board it’s smart to wear ordinary shoes
- Bring a memory card with a large capacity – there are sockets in the cabins to recharge photo equipment
- The dress code aboard the ship is relaxed and casual and you are not expected to dress formally for meals
- Extra shoelaces are also a good idea
- Bring a good pair of binoculars
- A small waterproof backpack is necessary for carrying essentials
- Please remember to bring your passport and a copy of it
- Sun protection
- Sunglasses with UV filter lenses
- Lip salve with UV protection. Dry, cold wind and sun often cause chapped lips
- Money in the correct currency. Remember, our ships also accept several credit cards.
- Remember to bring sufficient medication to last through any unforeseen delays
- You will receive a wind and water resistant parka as a memento on all expedition ships except MS Nordstjernen
- Rubber boots are available on loan, at no extra cost, aboard all expedition ships, except MS Nordstjernen.