Day 1: Arrival in Calgary
Arrival at Calgary Airport. Make your way to an in-terminal hotel and overnight.
Day 2: Calgary / Banff
After breakfast, "meet & greet” with your local guide. Morning transfer in a private van from Calgary to the resort town of Banff (approx. 1.5 hours). Banff National Park is home to 53 species of mammals including bears, wolves, moose and mountain goats. Enjoy your two-night stay and explore the area. Transfer and overnight at your hotel in Banff.
Day 3: Banff (day off)
Summer in Banff is all about sunshine, mountain adventures, and moments full of vibrant beauty. It is the chance to take a break from your daily routine and discover fun and recreation. Try something you’ve done before, like rock climbing or horseback riding. Be wowed by the spectacular beauty of Banff National Park’s mountains, lakes, and valleys on a scenic drive or helicopter flight (not included). It is time to connect with nature and truly relax. Your local guide will assist with private excursions or hikes. Overnight Banff.
Day 4: Banff / Kamloops – Rocky Mountaineer
Morning private transfer to Banff train station. Travel aboard the Rocky Mountaineer train from the resort town of Banff to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia’s interior. Enjoy breakfast and lunch on board the train. Your journey takes you through a spectacular array of scenery as you travel between the glacier and snow-capped peaks of the Canadian Rockies, over mountain passes, through remarkable tunnels, along rocky lakeshores and across the ranchlands of the interior. Today’s highlights include the Continental Divide, the Spiral Tunnels, Kicking Horse Canyon, Rogers Pass and Craigellachie – where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven. Disembark at Kamloops station in the early evening and transfer to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 5: Kamloops / Vancouver – Rocky Mountaineer
Your journey continues west towards the Pacific Ocean and the coastal city of Vancouver. Enjoy breakfast and lunch on board the train. On today’s journey you will again see dramatic changes in scenery, from the desert-like environment of the interior, through winding river canyons and pristine forests, to the Cascade and Coast Range mountains and lush green fields of the Fraser River Valley. Highlights include the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River and the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in Fraser Canyon. Your rail journey ends with your evening arrival in Vancouver. Take a private transfer to your hotel in downtown Vancouver and overnight (breakfast included).
Day 6: Vancouver
Enjoy a day of leisure and discover Vancouver at your own pace. Overnight, including breakfast.
Day 7: Vancouver
Breakfast at your hotel. End of your pre-cruise extension tour. The following overnight is part of your expedition cruise package to Nome
NOTE: The order of sights might vary
- The price includes five overnights in four-star hotels (one in Calgary, two in Banff, two nights in Vancouver, including breakfast), and one night at a moderate hotel in Kamloops, which is included in the Rocky Mountaineer two-day rail tour.
- Also included are a bus transfer from Calgary airport hotel to the hotel in Banff
- A Banff National Park entrance fee
- A local English-speaking guide from the hotel in Calgary on day 2 to Banff Railway Station on day 4
- The Rocky Mountaineer rail journey from Banff-Kamloops-Vancouver, with one-level dome car and Silverleaf service (2 x breakfast, 2 x lunch with wine and beer)
- All hotel transfers, and meals as described.
Meals that are not described, drinks, gratuities.
- This tour starts with an overnight in Calgary and ends with two hotel nights in Vancouver. The tour includes some walking. Guests with limited mobility are on request.
- Minimum number of participants: 10
- If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the trip up until six weeks before departure.
- Tour dates: 08.10.2020-08.16.2020
- Booking code: YVRROCKPREA