Begin your full-day excursion with a visit to Elk Island National Park, located about 45 min from Edmonton. There will be two short hikes with a good chances to see bison, the largest mammals in North America, and birdlife. The tour continues to the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village, a local historical park. We will walk through the village, observing a different time in history and learning about the contributions Ukrainian immigrants made to Alberta´s cultural identity.
Afterwards you will return to Edmonton and enjoy free time in Old Strathcona, a trendy and charming neighbourhood. You also get time for lunch on your own. Afterwards, enjoy a city tour of the south portion of Edmonton, the University of Alberta, Hawrelak Park, and more! You will drive through exclusive neighborhoods in West Edmonton (with stops), and then to the city centre to see the Alberta Legislature and to learn about the development of downtown Edmonton. The tour will end at your hotel.
The order of sites visited may vary.
The price includes a full-day sightseeing tour with local English-speaking guide, national park and Ukrainian Village admission fee, gratuity for guide, a bottle of water, and taxes.
Not included: Lunch, drinks, gratuities.
- This tour will start and end at your hotel in Edmonton (approx. 08:30-17:00).
- The tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
- Minimum number of participants: 10
- If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the trip up until 6 weeks before departure.
- Booking code: YEG03
- Tour dates: 30.08.2020, 01.09.2020
An additional overnight in Edmonton must be added to this tour.