Deepen your knowledge of the oceans on this ten-day, science-focused cruise at sea, and enrich your wellbeing at the same time.
Understanding our oceans
As you sail from Nova Scotia to Panama, you’ll be able to take part in an engaging programme of hands-on lectures, workshops and classes that cover topics like marine biology and the history of sea navigation from the Vikings till now.
Learn from enthusiastic Expedition Team members, handpicked for their expertise, and use microscopes in the ship’s Science Center to explore the ocean’s hidden ecosystem. There will also be Citizen Science projects to sink your teeth into, connected to important live research worldwide.
Finding inner peace
It’s not all facts and figures though. Rest and relaxation are important too. Take many a moment to just stop, watch the waves, reflect, and enjoy some precious ‘me time’.
To help you reset mind, body, and soul, there will be daily yoga and meditation classes on board, run by wellness professionals. These sessions promise to have you feeling refreshed, recharged, and ready for your next adventure.
By the end of your journey, you might find you’ll leave the ship a different person to when you first boarded; spirits lifted and a mind bursting with new knowledge.
Day 1Halifax, Canada
Vibrant Capital of Nova Scotia
Day 2Halifax, Canada
Your journey begins
Day 3At sea
Relax into nature’s rhythms
Day 4-8At sea
Oceans, nature and you
Day 9At sea
Findings and conclusion
Day 10Colón, Panama
Unlock more adventures
Included in your voyage
- Overnight in Halifax before the expedition cruise. Breakfast is included.
- Transfer from hotel to ship in Halifax including an excursion before the expedition cruise.
- Wellness cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages in restaurant Aune
- A la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations onboard
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
Specialist onboard activities and lectures
- Hands on demonstrations of navigation, oceanography, and marine biology with our onboard scientist
- Bird and sea life observation out on deck with our naturalists
- Stargazing and informative lectures
- Information on sustainable sailing and Hurtigruten’s commitment to the environment
- Yoga, meditation and classes by experienced international instructors
- Healthy and delicious vegetarian and plant-based menu options, plus fresh smoothies and juices
- Inspiring and informative lectures on health and wellness
- Workshops on the principles of yoga, meditation, mindfulness, breathing and holistic wellness
- Daily meditations to let go of stress and calm the mind
- Daily walks & stretching sessions out on deck
Facilities on board
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, indoor gym
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional Pre/Post-Programmes with our local partners
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Year of refurbishment||2022|
|Passenger capacity||250 (200 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||11 647 T|
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time, and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. MS Fram brings on the heritage of the original Fram, using the most advanced technology to make her exceptionally well suited for expedition voyages in Polar Regions.