Majestic glaciers, jagged mountain peaks and the chance to see polar bears under the midnight sun – join us for an unforgettable expedition to Spitsbergen.
The worlds northernmost town
Your adventure starts in the unique town of Longyearbyen, located right at the edge of an Arctic wilderness. Enjoy a guided tour that includes visits to the Svalbard Museum before before taking in the rugged beauty of the Isfjord on a scenic cruise. Prepare to see stunning glacier fronts, Arctic wildlife and historic landmarks. You’ll also learn about the history and culture of the people who first discovered Svalbard.
Where beauty and history combine
Your Captain and Expedition Team will decide which parts of Spitsberg’s fabled North West Corner we’ll explore. We’ll attempt to land at Magdalenefjord. Framed by spectacular views of jagged mountain peaks and glaciers, you’ll be setting foot on an island with fascinating explorer and whaling history. If the conditions are favourable, we plan to sail above 80° North, bringing you within 600 nautical miles of the North Pole.
Dramatic fjords and glaciers
We sail the Isfjord as we near the end of our adventure. This stunning fjord forms a lush and beautiful system rich in wildlife and vegetation. Its immense U-shaped valleys here were carved out of the mountains by giant glaciers some ten thousand years ago. Your journey of discovery ends where it started in Longyearbyen, the town on top of the world.
Day 1Longyearbyen, Svalbard
On the edge of wilderness
Day 2Longyearbyen - Embarkation
Settlements of the far north
Day 3Magdalenefjorden, North West Corner, Moffen and 80°North
Chances of seeing polar bears
Day 4Kongsfjorden and Ny-Ålesund
Fjords, glaciers and research
Day 5Isfjorden and Longyearbyen
Cruising into Isfjord
Day 6Longyearbyen, Svalbard
Say goodbye to the Arctic
Current offers on this cruise:
Solo Traveller OfferSolo travellers who prefer their own space while still travelling with others, have the opportunity to save on select voyages departing in 2022. For a limited time, pay no single supplement if you book one of the below expedition cruises.This offer applies to a selection of departures that you can find on each voyage page.See Special Offer
Included in your voyage
- One night at the hotel in Longyearbyen before the expedition cruise, including light dinner and breakfast
- One night at the hotel Longyearbyen after the expedition cruise incl. light lunch, dinner and breakfast
- Transfers between airport and hotel in Longyearbyen
- 3 hours Sightseeing in Longyearbyen incl. Museum and Camp Barentz, ending at the pier
- Transfer between ship and hotel in Longyearbyen
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Please note there is very limited Wi-Fi and phone signal in the remote areas we travel to and streaming is not supported. When in Svalbard, there is no Wi-Fi or mobile coverage except in Longyearbyen.
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats while in Svalbard
- Loan of trekking poles and thermal suits for activities
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Shipyard||Blohm & Voss|
MS Nordstjernen is named after the North Star or Stella Polaris, famous for helping seafarers find their way back home and the Vikings to navigate the north.