From Tromsø in the Arctic, first sail to North Cape and then to Dover, England, looking for the Northern Lights and exploring rarely-visited Norwegian islands along the way.
Your expedition cruise starts in the vibrant city of Tromsø. From here, we sail north to one of the northernmost points in Europe at North Cape. Turning south, we dock in Alta where you can join exciting winter activities and visit the impressive Northern Lights Cathedral.
Next, we arrive in Senja, rated one of the ten most beautiful islands in the world for its diverse landscapes. With an impressive mountain range, maybe the aurora above, and snow-dusted, red-painted fishing huts, the village of Reine in the Lofoten Islands is understandably one of the most photographed landscapes in all of Norway.
Enchanting mountains and hidden gems
Continuing south, we cruise the Helgeland coast, looking out for the Seven Sisters mountain range and the ‘Troll Hat’ mountain with its eye-catching hole. The ship then sails to the village of Loen deep within Nordfjord, not far from Jostedalsbreen – the largest glacier in Europe.
We’ll then go on to visit the charming fishing village of Kalvåg which few ever see. Our final destination in Norway are the islands of Mosterøy and Klosterøy, homes to an old WWII fort and medieval abbey. After an enjoyable winter expedition along the Norwegian coast, your journey ends in Dover, England.
Day 1Tromsø, Norway
Gateway to the Arctic
Day 2Honningsvåg, Norway
At the edge of Europe
The City of the Northern Lights
Day 5Senja, Norway
Microcosm of Norway
Day 6Reine, Norway
Idyllic island life
Day 7At sea
Scenic nature and mythical mountains
Day 8Loen, Norway
Fjord side to mountain top in five
Day 9Kalvåg, Norway
The hidden ‘Frozen Bay’
Day 10Mosterøy, Norway
Exploring Norwegian heritage
Day 11At sea
Headed for the UK
Day 12Dover, UK
The White Cliffs of England
Current offers on this cruise:
Northern Lights PromiseThe beautiful Aurora Borealis is Mother Nature’s ultimate light show. We know that no trip to the Arctic Circle is quite complete without experiencing this highlight at least once on your journey.See Special Offer
If the Northern Lights do not appear on your expedition cruise to Norway, we will give you another 6 or 7-day Classic Voyage FREE OF CHARGE.
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, outdoor and indoor gyms
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Trekking poles and head lamps available if necessary
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Shipyard||Fosen Mek. Verk. (N)|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||16,151 T|
Formerly the MS Midnatsol, the MS Maud is well-suited for expedition cruising.