Add some Norwegian magic to your Christmas and New Year with an expedition cruise along Norway’s beautiful coast – bringing together yuletide traditions and the spectacular Northern Lights in one unique experience.
It’s beginning to look a lot like…
Starting from London (Tilbury), you’ll enjoy a unique Christmas experience on our comfortable expedition ship as we sail to Norway. We’ll celebrate Christmas at sea and reach the wild and spectacular Nordfjord on Boxing Day, where you can explore the picture-perfect village of Loen. Next, in the stunning Lofoten islands, you’ll visit one of the best-preserved traditional fishing villages in Norway.
In the Arctic capital of Tromsø, you’ll learn about its polar history and get the chance to go on some exciting excursions.
Starting the New Year on an adventure
Basking in the light of the Polar Night, we continue north to Narvik and see in the new year in style. As our special New Year’s party reaches its climax and the clock counts down to midnight, you’ll welcome in 2024 in a totally unique way.
We’ll head off the beaten track exploring some of mid-Norway's islands and fjords for two magical days – expedition style! You’ll round off your journey exploring Bergen’s UNESCO-listed Bryggen district and charming Egersund before ending your expedition cruise back where it all began, in London (Tilbury).
Day 1London (Tilbury)
Setting off from the River Thames
Day 2-3At sea
Norway bound - God Jul to all!
Day 4Outside Loen
Fjord side to mountain top in five
Day 5At sea
Cruising the coastal inner route towards the Arctic
Idyllic island life
Gateway to the Arctic
Day 9-10At sea
City of Seven Mountains
Day 13At sea
Day 14London (Tilbury)
Refreshed and ready for the new year
Current offers on this cruise:
Northern Lights PromiseThe beautiful Aurora Borealis is Mother Nature’s ultimate light show. We know that no trip to the Arctic Circle is quite complete without experiencing this highlight at least once on your journey.See Special Offer
If the Northern Lights do not appear on your expedition cruise to Norway, we will give you another 6 or 7-day Classic Voyage FREE OF CHARGE.
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna and indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Trekking poles, head lamps and walking poles available if necessary
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Shipyard||Fosen Mek. Verk. (N)|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||16,151 T|
Formerly the MS Midnatsol, the MS Maud is well-suited for expedition cruising.