This cruise has not opened for sale or has limited availability. Please register your interest and we'll be in touch.
From Pole to Pole on an epic expedition of discovery
Join us on a grand expedition cruise from the Arctic to Antarctica as we combine several classic itineraries to form one seamless once-in-a-lifetime experience. Your basecamp at sea will be the world’s first hybrid expedition cruise ship, the comfortable and stylish MS Roald Amundsen, named after the first explorer to successfully reach both the North and South poles.
This expedition cruise will be unlike any other voyage you’ve been on. We’ll begin our 93-day cruise in Vancouver, Canada, sailing north along the Alaskan coast and crossing the Arctic Circle as we make our way through the fabled Northwest Passage to Greenland and Baffin Island.
We’ll then turn south along the eastern seaboard of the United States to the warm and colourful tropical islands of Central America before passing through the Panama Canal and reaching South America. Here, we’ll experience a mix of culture and nature, exploring ancient sites in Ecuador, Peru, and Chile before witnessing the ethereal splendour of the Chilean fjords and Patagonia and – finally – the pristine otherworldly beauty of Antarctica.
Culture, nature, and learning
On this grand expedition cruise you’ll experience the amazing diversity of cultures and wildlife of the Americas and Antarctica. Your knowledgeable onboard Expedition Team will guide and inspire you throughout, ensuring your cruise will be as adventurous, educational and ecologically sustainable as possible.
Day 1Vancouver, Canada
Start of the grand expedition
Day 2-17Vancouver to Nome, Alaska
Alaska – Inside Passage, bears, & Aleutian Islands
Day 18-21At Sea
Crossing the Arctic Circle
Day 22-32Canada and Greenland
Heading through the Northwest Passage
Day 33-40Greenland & Atlantic Canada
Baffin Bay to Greenland and Atlantic Canada
Day 41-48Halifax to Boston
History, seafood, and nature
Day 49-52At Sea
East coast sights at sea
Day 53-62Miami, USA to Colón, Panama
Caribbean vibes & ocean exploration
Day 63-76Panama Canal to Valparaíso, Chile
Inca history, colonial architecture & the Panama Canal
Cruising towards the Antarctic
The fabled frozen continent of Antarctica
Day 91-93Ushuaia/Buenos Aires
To the bottom of the world and back again!
Included in your voyage
- Flight in economy class between Ushuaia and Buenos Aires
- Transfer between ship and Ushuaia airport
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- 1000€ onboard credit
- Laundry service
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, infinity pool, panoramic sauna, outdoor and indoor gyms, and outdoor running track
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
MS Roald Amundsen
|Passenger capacity||530 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
In 2019, Hurtigruten added a brand new ship to its fleet: the MS Roald Amundsen. The state of the art vessel features new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology that will reduce fuel consumption and show the world that hybrid propulsion on large ships is possible.