Join us on a journey of ecological discovery as we set out from Quito, Ecuador, to experience the natural wonders of the incomparable Galápagos Islands.
Beautiful Quito and volcano adventure
Begin your adventure with two nights at a hotel in Quito, one of South America’s most charming capitals. This World Heritage city of graceful Spanish-era architecture is packed with cosy restaurants and small artisanal shops. From here we’ll journey to an active volcano and go on a nature walk in stunning surroundings, stopping to pay a visit to a vibrant traditional open-air market.
Darwin’s islands of evolution
The Galápagos Islands are famed for their association with the evolutionary theorist Charles Darwin. Our comprehensive itinerary calls at the centrally-located Santa Cruz Island, the volcanic island of Fernandina, Isabela and Floreana - two of the four islands visited by Darwin - and balmy Baltra, before continuing to Santiago, the adjacent islands of Rábida and Bartolomé, and isolated Genovesa. The landings take in a wide variety of ecosystems and picturesque landscapes, and provide great opportunities for seeing wildlife such as sea lions, turtles, marine iguanas, giant tortoises, flamingos and iconic Darwin’s Finches.
Your expedition ship – MS Santa Cruz II
MS Santa Cruz II’s crafted itineraries give you some of the best island coverage and wildlife viewing opportunities in the Galápagos. Many excursions take place at exclusive visitor sites, meaning we’ll often have entire areas to ourselves. Having multiple naturalist guides aboard Santa Cruz II also means you’ll be able to choose from a wider range of activities each day.
Your ship is also one of the few vessels operating in Galápagos that comes equipped with a full range of exploration tools, including dinghies, kayaks, snorkelling gear and paddleboards. There's even a glass-bottom boat. Of course, safety and sustainability are paramount throughout your cruise, and there’s a 24-hour Medical Officer onboard at all times.
Day 1Quito, Ecuador
Arrive in the city of eternal spring, get your bearings and relax after your journey.
Day 2Quito, Ecuador
Get a taste for Ecuador with a visit to a traditional market and a trip to Cotopaxi Volcano.
Day 3Galápagos, Ecuador
Fly away from the mainland to the Galápagos Islands and have your first wildlife encounter.
Day 4Isabela and Fernandina Islands, Galápagos
Explore the coast by dinghy and set foot on the island of the marine iguanas.
Day 5Santa Cruz Island, Galápagos
Meet the famous giant tortoises of Galápagos at the Charles Darwin Research Station.
Day 6Floreana Island, Galápagos
Discover a bit of Galápagos history and look out for some underwater wildlife.
Day 7Galápagos, Ecuador
Relaxation day at Santa Cruz. Recharge your batteries and lounge on Las Bachas beach.
Day 8Santiago Island, Galápagos
Explore Santiago Island and see its wild residents and impressive rock formations.
Day 9Rábida Island and Bartolomé Island, Galápagos
See some amazing wildlife and beautiful landscapes, and try out the glass bottom boat.
Day 10Genovesa Island, Galápagos
Start the morning with a climb to really see this paradise for birdlife.
Day 11Santa Cruz & Baltra Island, Ecuador
It’s the end of your cruise, so enjoy a slow goodbye at the giant tortoise sanctuary.
Current offers on this cruise:
Solo Traveller OfferSolo travellers who prefer their own space while still travelling with others, have the opportunity to save on select voyages departing in 2022. For a limited time, pay no single supplement if you book one of the below expedition cruises.This offer applies to a selection of departures that you can find on each voyage page.See Special Offer
Included in your voyage
- Two hotel nights in Quito before the expedition cruise, including breakfast and dinner onDay 2.
- Return flights in economy class between Quito andBaltra, andBaltra and Guayaquil
- Transfer from the hotel inQuito to QuitoAirport before the expedition cruise, transfers between Baltra Airport and ship
- Full day Nature Tour to Cotopaxi National Park, including lunch
- Galápagos Islands National Park admission fee
- Transit Control Card for Galápagos Islands
- Access to airport lounge at Guayaquil or Quito airport upon return from Galápagos Islands
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water)
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who guide activities and provide educational information on board and ashore
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has a library, microscopes and samples
- Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs and gym
- Landings, hikes, coastal exploration, and activities including kayaking, snorkeling, and our glass-bottom boat
- Complimentary wetsuit rental
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
MS Santa Cruz II
|Year of refurbishment||2021|
|Shipyard||ASENAV Shipyard (CHL)|
|Gross tonnage||2664 T|
When you are exploring the Galápagos islands with us onboard the MS Santa Cruz II, you will enjoy a relaxed atmosphere in high quality surroundings. The small size - with a guest capacity of maximum of 90 allows for a cozy yet classy environment. You´ll easily feel at home on board.