Join us on an expedition to the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu and the natural wonders of the Galápagos Islands.
Peruvian historical gems
Peru’s natural and cultural treasures need no introduction. Lima’s historic centre is packed with the immaculately preserved architecture you’d expect from a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll go back in time in Cusco as you wander its cobbled streets and take in Inca engineering and Spanish-era architecture. Travelling up the Sacred Valley, you’ll discover the enigmatic Inca citadel Machu Picchu before heading to Ecuador to visit an active volcano.
In Darwin’s footsteps
Charles Darwin’s visit to the Galápagos Islands aboard H.M.S. Beagle led to his seminal work On the Origin of Species. On your expedition cruise, you’ll follow in Darwin’s footsteps, learn about his discoveries and make a few of your own.
Your Galápagos expedition features handpicked landings where you’ll see wildlife in a wide variety of island ecosystems. See sea lions basking in the sun on Mosquera Islet and giant tortoises on San Cristóbal and Santa Cruz. Gaze at the famous land iguanas of Santa Fé and South Plaza and discover the colourful bird colonies of Española, Edén Islet, and North Seymour.
Your expedition ship – MS Santa Cruz II
MS Santa Cruz II’s crafted itineraries give you some of the best island coverage and wildlife viewing opportunities in the Galápagos. Many excursions take place at exclusive visitor sites, meaning we’ll often have entire areas to ourselves. Having multiple naturalist guides aboard Santa Cruz II also means you’ll be able to choose from a wider range of activities each day.
Your ship is also one of the few vessels operating in Galápagos that comes equipped with a full range of exploration tools, including dinghies, kayaks, snorkelling gear and paddleboards. There's even a glass-bottom boat. Of course, safety and sustainability are paramount throughout your cruise, and there’s a 24-hour Medical Officer onboard at all times.
Day 1Amsterdam/Lima, Peru
Flight to Lima
Day 2Lima/Cusco, Peru
City of the Incas and a cultural gem
Day 3Cusco/Machu Picchu/Cusco
Back in time to a lost world
Day 4Cusco, Peru / Quito, Ecuador
Quito – city of eternal spring
Day 5Quito, Ecuador
Day 6Galapagos, Ecuador
Your cruise begins
Day 7San Cristobal Island
Visiting the giants
Day 8Santa Fe Island & South Plaza Island
Blissful beauty & evolving iguanas
Day 9Santa Cruz Island
Giant turtles & island activities
Day 10Española Island
A conservation success story
Day 11Santa Cruz Island & North Seymour
A small slice of Eden
Day 12Baltra Island/Guayaquil, Ecuador
End of the expedition
Arrival in Amsterdam
Included in your voyage
- One night in Lima, two nights in Cusco,two nights in Quito before the expedition cruise, including breakfast. Dinner on day 2-5
- Return flights in economy class from Amsterdam to Lima and back from Guayaquil including all taxes
- Flights in economy from Lima to Cusco, and from Cuscovia Lima to Quito including all taxes
- Return flights in economy class between Quito and Baltra, and Baltra and Guayaquil including all taxes
- Transfers in Limaand Quito between hotel and airport
- Transfers betweenBaltraAirport and ship
- TourPackage Cuzco and Machu Picchu as described including excursions with lunch, train tickets, entrance fees, transfers within Cusco
- Galapagos Islands National Park admission fee
- Transit Control Card for Galapagos Islands
- Access to airport lounge at GuayaquilAirport upon return from Galapagos Islands
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water)
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Limited complimentary Wi-Fi for suite guests. Wi-Fi is available for purchase, but be aware that we sail in remote areas with very limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- German- and English-speaking Expedition Team who guide activities and provide educational information on board and ashore
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has a library, microscopes and samples
- Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs and gym
- Landings, hikes, coastal exploration, and activities including kayaking, snorkeling, and our glass-bottom boat
- Complimentary wetsuit rental for suite guests. Wetsuit rental available on request.
Not included in your voyage
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
MS Santa Cruz II
|Year of refurbishment||2021|
|Shipyard||ASENAV Shipyard (CHL)|
|Gross tonnage||2664 T|
When you are exploring the Galápagos islands with us onboard the MS Santa Cruz II, you will enjoy a relaxed atmosphere in high quality surroundings. The small size - with a guest capacity of maximum of 90 allows for a cozy yet classy environment. You´ll easily feel at home on board.