Join us on a journey of discovery, taking in UNESCO-listed cities, a towering volcano and the natural treasures of the Galápagos Islands.
South American experience
Explore Quito, one of South America’s most charming capitals and a World Heritage city of graceful Spanish-era architecture, cosy restaurants and small artisanal shops. Taste delicious Ecuadorian specialities and stroll through colourful markets brimming with local handicrafts. You’ll also visit an active volcano and go on a nature walk in stunning surroundings.
In Darwin's footsteps
Charles Darwin’s visit to the Galápagos Islands aboard H.M.S. Beagle led to his seminal work On the Origin of Species. On your science-oriented expedition, you’ll follow in Darwin’s footsteps, learn about his discoveries and make a few of your own.
Your Galápagos expedition features handpicked landings where you’ll see wildlife in a wide variety of ecosystems. See sea lions basking in the sun on Mosquera islet and giant tortoises in San Cristóbal and Santa Cruz. Gaze at the famous land iguanas of Santa Fé and South Plaza and discover the colourful bird colonies of Española, Edén Islet, and North Seymour.
Your expedition ship – MS Santa Cruz II
MS Santa Cruz II’s crafted itineraries give you some of the best island coverage and wildlife viewing opportunities in the Galápagos. Many excursions take place at exclusive visitor sites, meaning we’ll often have entire areas to ourselves. Having multiple naturalist guides aboard Santa Cruz II also means you’ll be able to choose from a wider range of activities each day.
Your ship is also one of the few vessels operating in Galápagos that comes equipped with a full range of exploration tools, including dinghies, kayaks, snorkelling gear and paddleboards. There's even a glass-bottom boat. Of course, safety and sustainability are paramount throughout your cruise, and there’s a 24-hour Medical Officer onboard at all times.
Day 1Amsterdam/Quito, Ecuador
Flight to Quito
Day 2Quito, Ecuador
Cultural tour of Quito
Day 3Quito, Ecuador
Cotopaxi Volcano trip
Day 4Galapagos, Ecuador
Your cruise begins
Day 5San Cristobal Island
Visiting the giants
Day 6Santa Fe Island & South Plaza Island
Blissful beauty & evolution in action
Day 7Santa Cruz Island
Giant tortoises and island activities
Day 8Española Island
A conservation success story
Day 9Santa Cruz Island & North Seymour
A small slice of Eden
Day 10Baltra Island/Guayaquil, Ecuador
End of the expedition
Arrival in Amsterdam
Current offers on this cruise:
Solo Traveller OfferSolo travellers who prefer their own space while still travelling with others, have the opportunity to save on select voyages departing in 2022. For a limited time, pay no single supplement if you book one of the below expedition cruises.This offer applies to a selection of departures that you can find on each voyage page.See Special Offer
Included in your voyage
- Threenights in Quito before the expedition cruise, including breakfastand dinner on DAY 2 and 3.
- Return flights in economy class from Amsterdam to Quito and back from Guayaquil including all taxes (including Rail & Fly ticket)
- Return flights in economy class between Quito and Baltra, and Baltra and Guayaquil
- All transfersin Quito, transfers between Baltra airport and ship
- Full day Cultural Tour of Quito, including lunch
- Full day Nature Tour to Cotopaxi National Park, including lunch
- GalápagosIslands National Park admission fee
- Transit Control Card forGalápagos Islands
- Access to airport lounge at Guayaquil airport upon return fromGalápagos Islands
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water)
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- German- and English-speaking Expedition Team who guide activities and provide educational information on board and ashore
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has a library, microscopes and samples
- Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs and gym
- Landings, hikes, coastal exploration, and activities including kayaking, snorkeling, and our glass-bottom boat
- Complimentary wetsuit rental
Not included in your voyage
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
MS Santa Cruz II
|Year of refurbishment||2021|
|Shipyard||ASENAV Shipyard (CHL)|
|Gross tonnage||2664 T|
When you are exploring the Galápagos islands with us onboard the MS Santa Cruz II, you will enjoy a relaxed atmosphere in high quality surroundings. The small size - with a guest capacity of maximum of 90 allows for a cozy yet classy environment. You´ll easily feel at home on board.