Explore the historic coasts and seaports of England and Ireland on this voyage aboard our state-of-the-art hybrid ship Fridtjof Nansen.
Historic stops in England and Ireland
Voyage back in time as we sail up the beautiful coasts of England and Ireland. You’ll set out from Portsmouth, which played a key role in WWII, and visit Fowey in Cornwall, where pirates once smuggled rum and gold along the picturesque coast; Waterford in Ireland, founded by the Vikings in the 9th century; and Liverpool, beloved city of modern culture and Victorian nostalgia.
There’ll be plenty to occupy the curious, from ancient ruins, castles and Viking settlements, to picturesque fishing villages, famous historic ships and the vibrant modern city of Liverpool. You’ll visit Cornwall’s rugged coastline with its rocky coves, and maybe drop in on the nearby Eden Project, which features the world’s largest enclosed tropical rainforest.
Cultural highlights, learning and relaxation
You’ll also find plenty of time to relax, with atmospheric old pubs to dive into, quaint harbourside cafés to sample cream teas in, and sandy beaches to stroll on. Our experienced Expedition Team are on hand to ensure you get the best experience on board as well as ashore.
We make the most of our time on this short but eventful cruise aboard our brand-new expedition ship, Fridtjof Nansen, which features a lecture hall and a Science Center for learning.
Day 1Portsmouth, UK
Setting out from historic Portsmouth
Day 2Fowey, England
Village exploration on the Cornish Riviera
Day 3Waterford, Ireland
Vikings of old Ireland
Day 4Liverpool, England
Landing in Liverpool
Current offers on this cruise:
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2022 and 2023.Read more
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, outdoor and indoor gyms and outdoor running track
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
Photo: Shutterstock and Shutterstock
MS Fridtjof Nansen
|Shipyard||Kleven Yards, Norway|
|Passenger capacity||530 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
MS Fridtjof Nansen is the latest addition to Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom built ships – and the next generation expedition ship. She will explore some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.
Sailing with MS Fridtjof Nansen
- MS Fridtjof Nansen - Practical information
- Meet our Expedition Teams
- Young Explorers’ Programme: Bring your kids on board